Tuesday 6 August 2013

LUC Eymael: i am here to stay


 Luc Eymael: I have not resigned as AFC Leopards' coach


The Belgian tactician has moved to reassure club fans that he was still in charge of the team despite reports that he had tendered his resignation

Kenya Premier League side AFC Leopards’ tactician Luc Eymael has moved to reassure club fans that he has not quit the club. Speaking exclusively to Goal, the Belgian said he had only raised some issues he wanted solved with club chairman Allan Kasavuli during a meeting on Monday and ‘the chairman promised to get back to me within the next 48 hours.”
“I want to assure club fans that I am still the head coach of AFC Leopards'. We held a very fruitful meeting with chairman Kasavuli on Monday where we discussed a number of issues.
“He (Kasavuli) promised to get back with solutions to the problems raised within the next 48 hours and that is what I am waiting for. Furthermore, we have decided to give players’ some time off to rest since we don’t have any league assignment this weekend."
"When my time comes to quit the club...I will do that in a very professional way. I will inform the media but I have not talked to anyone on the same at the moment. It is a pity that some guys have now gone ahead to start spreading lies about my stay at the club. I love this club and would want to see out my contract."
Ingwe are not in action this weekend following postponement of their derby against rivals Gor Mahia. The match has been pushed to August 25 meaning Leopards’ will not play until August 18 when they take on Nairobi City Stars.
On Tuesday, there were reports that Eymael, who took over the reigns of coaching the side after the sacking of Tom Olaba, had tendered his resignation to the club’s top hierarchy.

No comments: